Thursday, June 21, 2012

Maria Montessori

I chose to research Maria Montessori. I think that she was one of the most influential and practical educators there ever was. I chose her because my elementary school that I attended was Montessori based and I think it was a great way to teach young students. Maria was the first person to admit that she learned from her students and that she studied her students and they taught her how to teach them. I think that this was phenomenal because today doing that is one things teachers are told to do when learning how to teach their students. She was very concerned about the environment in which the students were learning, and believed that students would learn much better if they were in a positive, fun, and educating environment. She taught students self discipline without even trying to. She focussed a lot of her teachings on real life situations that you don't normally learn in school. Maria Montessori once said " We would take every mistake a child made and turn it into a learning experience.I think that what Maria did was extremely important because she not only concentrated on the academic part of school but she taught life lessons and she treated the children like "little adults." I believe this is why she was as successful as she was. 


http://www.dailymontessori.com/montessori-theory/


http://www.webster.edu/~woolflm/montessori.html





No comments:

Post a Comment